Tuesday, August 7, 2012

Gypsies

Well Utah, Its been a good 8 months, but Texas was hard to get out of our systems....so we are heading back!!

Actually in about 3 days.

We may be gypsies. 

It really has been a good experience, being here in Utah. Has everything gone as planned, or been super smooth? No. Things have been really, really hard. But we have enjoyed our experiences here, and all that we feel we have learned, both individually, and as a family. We have met some really wonderful people, and will miss them, and David has done really well and has enjoyed attending BYU. But ultimately, we did not feel that our situation here was what we wanted for our family long term. And that is what it would be, since David still has quite a few years of school left. It is not a decision we took lightly. We weighed out all of our possible options, with their respective pros and cons and decided that it was in the best interest of our little family to be back in Texas.

It will be great to be by our families again! We will actually be staying with my parents.
Going back to staying with your parents is always hard. Even though we love them soooo much, it is difficult to go from your own place to living with someone else. And I know that it will be crazy for them too, even though all they are talking about is how excited they are. They have NOOO idea what's coming....toddler take-over!!!

Man, I sound like a broken record, but we have been blessed with some pretty incredible people in our lives. we are so grateful for our wonderful families. We are also so grateful for ALL of the support and love from our friends and family!! That makes all the difference.

My sweet dad and brother will be making the drive from Texas to Utah and back again this weekend to help us!! Poor guys. They are so amazing.

I know that someday we will look back on all of this fondly. And honestly, we ARE enjoying the journey. Although it is hard and rarely perfect... and some aspects are definitely easier to enjoy that others.  I know I would not feel that way if I didn't have such in incredible eternal companion by my side.

Well, just wanted to give a quick update. Next time I post we will be in TEXAS.

Also, no pics because I left our camera in Albuquerque last month....fail.

No comments:

Post a Comment