Wednesday, January 11, 2012

Proud mommy moment

If I have taught Eliza nothing else in her two years of life, at least I can proudly say I have instilled in her the need for...pretty, painted nails! From the time she was 6 months old I have been painting her toe nails, and I was always pleasantly surprised that she would actually LET me. Then in the past month, I have also started painting her finger nails. She loves it!! I like to have my nails painted, but they often go a little neglected and scraggly looking for too long before I take the time to redo them. Which is the case right now. So this morning while Eliza and I were sitting on the kitchen floor, looking at all of her "bah-bies" (barbies), she noticed the sad state of my nails, and with a gasp, and "uh-oh", she shook her head and pointed at what was left of my nail polish. With a very concerned look she then said "paint, uh-gone", after which she pointed to her nails, which happen to have a fresh coat of sparkles and said "spah-koos (sparkles)....paint" pointing once again to my nails. Ok, so maybe that's not so much a proud moment...more like just plain hilarious!! We have a little diva on our hands!! Smart, sweet, and lovable....but a Diva non-the-less!!!

But later when she came up behind me while I was doing dishes, exclaiming "yeh-wow, yey-wow!" showing me the yellow magnet in her hand...THAT, I definitely feel good about!!


My two little princesses :)

That is a "crah" (crown) on presleys head

Eliza is wasting no time in turning Presley in to her little protege!!

No comments:

Post a Comment