Monday, June 20, 2011

Its a girl!!!

The "all-knowing cake, that sat in our fridge for two days taunting us!!!

Thats right, there was PINK filling in that cake!!! Eliza gets a sister!!!



this is before-hand, everyone was choosing which color balloon

they wanted to hold for the picture...

there were only like 4 pink ones...




We had alot of celebrating going on....
It was Father's Day, and My birthday,
and we celebrated Davids birthday...
And the gender reveal!!!
I loved this picture because Eliza's face is all lit up -
she thought all of the singing was for her...sweet baby!!!

I am so happy that Eliza has some great aunties who love
to play with her and keep her happy and occupied!!



Little ham


She loves to do this....A-dorable!!


What a blessed weekend!! Not only did we get to find out the gender of our new baby, but we got to do it on Fathers day, and my birthday!!! Talk about the best present!! I was born on Fathers day, and about every 6 years or so it lands on fathers day again. I always loved that! I am blessed with some incredible men in my life to celebrate! I have the worlds best daddy, who has taught me so much, and continues to work hard and be there for our family. I have an absolutely incredible husband, who is the best daddy to our little girl (soon to be girls!). I couldnt have asked for any better, As corny as it sounds, it makes me want to cry thinking about this amazing man! I dont know what I did to deserve him!! I am so grateful for my wonderful Father-in-law who taught David so so much, and is such a beacon of strength and love to us all. Not to mention the amazing Uncles and Grandpas and brother-in-laws, and cousins who are daddy's!! Like I said before...we are so blessed with wonderful families!!


Thursday was my ultrasound. I was so excited, and could NOT wait til my 5:45 appointment. We brought Eliza, and it was so neat to have our whole little family there. Even though Eliza had no idea what was going on. It is always such a relief to see all four healthy chambers of the heart, and to see all the fingers, toes, a beautiful spine, etc. I love it!! That is when it is so real that there is a little life growing inside of me!! That and the movement I am feeling more,and more. They are starting to be more pronounced kicks, punches, and flips! I also came with an extremely full bladder, which I thought was necessary. Well apparantly it's not. When I had my Ultrasound with Eliza at 18 weeks the hospital (where I had the u.s. done) told me to come with a full bladder, so even though my dr.s office didnt mention it this time, I thought for sure I needed to and i didnt want to mess it up. HA. So it wasnt too big a deal, just totally uncomfortable for no reason, and because my bladder was so full, it caused my uterus to contract leaving very little room for baby girl to move around and give us good pics. 


But I love that we can officially say "she", and "baby girl"! I dont know what it is, but for some reason just knowing that its a girl makes me feel like I know her that much better! Like she's not such a mystery anymore. She is our DAUGHTER! Just thinking about having another daughter brings tears to my eyes. I remember all of the fun my sister Lauren and I had growing up because we were so close in age, and I am so excited for Eliza to have a lil sis. Even though I was shocked because I thought it was a boy, I am completely overjoyed!!! Now to come up with a name!!!

1 comment:

  1. How exciting! I would LOVE to have a girl next. Crossing my fingers! ;) You will def. have to tell me the details on what you did for the gender party! I SO want to do that with my next one. And of course, your little Eliza is looking cute as ever! :)

    ReplyDelete