A while ago we decided that it was important to start doing our family prayers with Eliza. I have been doing them with her at meals when we are by ourselves, and of course when we are all together we say meal prayers, and David and I say prayers together at night...but usually right before we go to bed which is long after Eliza has gone down. So right before I take her and lay her down, we will kneel down and say "ok, time for prayers", and then David or I will say our family prayer. usually she will sit there, maybe interject her own little babblings and then crawl off, but last night we had a break through! we set her down, and folded our arms, and said "ok, time for prayers", and she visibly bowed her head. David and I looked at eachother and laughed because it was the cutest thing we had ever seen, but we werent sure that was actually what she was doing. She looked up at us, and joined in on our laughter for a minute, then we said it again "time for prayers", and she bowed her head again!!! we tried really hard to hold back our laughter at how adorable she is, and we said our prayer. of course she didnt stay with her head bowed for very long, and was off playing by the end, but we couldnt help feeling happy about it. She is really watching us so closely, and learning so much!!
She also did it again today at lunch, and this time even mumbled a few words of her own. At the end she gives a big smile and giggle, she knows she is doing something good...and adorable!!!
Also, I have my first doctors appointment tomorrow!! I am so excited!!! We are saying our prayers for a healthy heart beat (since I am about 13 weeks), and that everything else is looking good =)




No comments:
Post a Comment