Tuesday, May 10, 2011

13 weeks, Mothers day, and the Doctor

I am almost 14 weeks now. It seems like forever to go, but then again November is not that far away. I dont know what it is about being pregnant and having the baby all in the same year, but for some reason it doesnt seem as far away as it did with Eliza. Maybe it is just because life is busier, so time is flying by at a ridiculous pace! But I could not be happier to be safely in the second trimester AND to be seeing less and less of the annoying friend that seemed to accompany me everywhere...Nausea!! I was not able to go to the doctors last wednesday like planned, because I still had not changed my Drivers license to say "Philipbar" but my insurance did so they couldnt see me until that was changed. I will be honest. I called David a little emotional and upset. not at the doctors office, it was my own fault, but just because i was so excited to be getting the ball rolling, to hear the heart beat and make sure everything is ok. He always does a good job being the sensible one with things like that, and just was very sweet and sensitive to my feelings, but told me to take the time that I didnt have Eliza and go to the DMV. So I dragged myself over there, and got my license changed. it was embarrassingly easy!! So I called the office to re-schedule, they didnt have any openings until the 25th, but said they would put me on the cancellation list. And then they called Friday and got me in Monday! What a blessing. The appointment was pretty uneventful, but I really like my new doctor, she is great! And I got to hear the heart beat which is just the best! A healthy little heartbeat! That really makes it feel real!! I wont have an ultra-sound until 20 weeks, so about 6 more to go!! It feels like forever!

Mothers day was great! How could it not be when I have a beautiful baby girl, one on the way and an incredible husband!?? Saturday we had a bbq with my family, and we spent Sunday with Davids family. We just feel incredibly blessed to be surrounded by so many who love us! We could not be where we are today without all of their help, love and support!! I am grateful for an absolutely amazing mom!! Everyday I am finding out I am more and more like her, and I am so glad! She is the best! She has taught me so much, and has been such a wonderful example and role model to me all of my life! I have also been blessed with the best mother-in-law in the world!! We have grown very close, and I am so grateful for all that she has taught me! I am also grateful for the countless other incredible women in my life, who have made and continue to make such a difference in my life and that of my family!

2 comments:

  1. We are super excited to hear the great news. Just a FYI....your background for your blog, and the color ink you are using makes it difficult to read for OLD people like me. Let's hope your new little addition is just like you....as I happen to think you are amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for letting me know...I actually thought that myself soon after I changed it, but just didnt feel like taking the time...lazy. so your input convinced me that it had to go!! lol THank you so muhc, I miss you a ton and I wish/hope that we will be able to see you all in the not too distant future!!

    ReplyDelete