Monday, February 13, 2012

This is so new to me

So Today is the very first day of my life as a part-time, away from home working mommy. The situation is actually pretty perfect for us right now, allowing David to work EARLY in the mornings, go to school and then be home with the girls/do homework while I work a couple evenings a week. Nothing too grueling or strenuous, but definitely weird for me. We knew that unless it was absolutely necessary that I wouldn't have to leave my babies with someone else all day to work, so I am so grateful for this opportunity to help our little family progress in our goals. It won't be forever...I can definitely handle that.So what is this job, you ask? Well, I am working for a market research company. Sounds pretty fun and important when I say it like that. But really I am going to be TRYING to get people to do phone surveys for products and politics and such. Probably not the most fun. I heard a girl that worked there during orientation talking about how many times she has cried when someone has yelled at her for calling. Yikes. I sure hope that kharma doesn't come back to bite me for all the times I said "no" to phone surveys. But I was always nice about it :) It is definitely something I never even thought about doing, but I gladly take on the challenge! I am so grateful that David will be home with the girls, but I am really actually sad that I wont be there to give them a bath, and put them to bed like I ALWAYS do. It will be weird to say goodbye to them when I leave for work, and not see them (awake) again until the next morning. But again, it isn't every night. And in fact I love this job because I can set my own hours! So wish me luck!! And ALWAYS say yes to a phone survey!! Ha ha, just kidding....

In other news...We are moving into our own apartment on March 16th! Two days after our three year wedding anniversary, and probably the exact time my family will be here for spring break! Oh well, we will have lots of help... :}  This apartment will be great because it is literally across the street from where David works, as well as walking distance to BYU, which is something he really wanted. And I'm not complaining because that means I will have the car available for cruising really important stuff only ;) There is also a playground in the complex so that will be great for when the weather gets nicer. All in all, we are in one continuous transition, but hopefully after this move, we will be staying put for a while! I have loved this adventure thus far though! It hasn't been without it's hiccups for sure, but we are learning a lot, and are so excited for the future we are building! Plus I have the best partner I could imagine going through this all with, not to mention our two little buddies, who really help put it all into perspective. It is a little worrisome at times having not only us to take care of, but our two babies, with so much uncertainty at times. And we joke about our logic in starting a family BEFORE either of us was done with school, but like we would change that....Not a chance!!

Sorry this is a boring post with no pictures.

No comments:

Post a Comment