Good 'ol "nesting" has made its debut!!
For some it begins months before the due date
but for me...about 3 weeks before.
Don't get me wrong, I do little things here and there
all throughout the pregnancy,
but for some reason...
the major "nesting" phenomenon doesn't hit me until the last minute!
I think that something about having a scheduled c-section
has something to do with it.
Normally, when you don't know exactly when the baby
will come, you want to be prepared way in
advance because the baby
could come at any minute!
And for some reason,
having a set date has made me feel like I still have time,
like that is the for sure day she will come
when really she could come at any time too!!
Eliza didn't wait til her "date"!! She came
5 days earlier.
A scheduled c-section means nothing,
they have plans of their own:)
So finally this past week, that thought dawned on me
and I began to panic mildly.
I made my to-do list and
have been checking it off one by one.
I will give myself credit, since I went through the
HUGE bags of baby clothes we had and
got them all sorted by size...pulling out
the newborn/zero-3mo. sizes a couple
weeks ago.
So now all of the clothes, blankets,
and carseat are clean and
The clothes and blankets are
organized and ready to go, and
Bottles and pacifiers are cleaned/sterilized.
Plus my sweet friends Kendra and Ashleigh
put together a really nice baby shower
for me this weekend, so I got some
more good stuff
(including the angelcare monitor I wanted!!).
My parents also got us a double stroller,
which is a BIG thing off the list!!
The great thing about the second baby
especially when it's the same gender,
is that we already have pretty
much everything we need!!
The few things we needed we
got at my shower, or
from family.
Such a blessing!!
I feel so relieved that I am pretty much prepared!!
Atleast as far as the physical needs goes.
Emotionally, I am a little bit of a mess.
I am so so excited,
I can't even express it in words!!
But I am also a lot litle nervous
about becoming the mommy to
TWO
babies!! I know I will have enough
love, that is not even a question.
I just worry that my high-strungness over
silly things will get the
best of me.
I don't want to miss out on the precious, sweet
moments because I am worried about
things, schedules, etc. that
are not all that important, really.
I also worry about my lil Eliza.
There is so much change going on
in the next couple of months
and I just pray that I will
be able to keep a
clear head so that I can make
sure and give her all of the love and help she needs during all of
these transitions.
ALSO...
we have a name!!!
****
Presley Elaine
I absolutely love it!! And I love being able to talk about/to
her by her name!!!
So we are ready!!
Aside from having our bags packed.
November 3rd cannot come soon enough,
but at the same time is steam-rolling
towards us at a ridiculous pace!!
36 weeks!!
This belly is getting huge!!
And sadly, this is my outfit of choice, unless I leave the house....
Eliza is in heaven having so much space to play outside at Memaw and Tickie-ties!! She loves the kitties
(who are the sweetest, most tolerant kitties I have ever seen!),
Maggie the dog,
and the Horsies!!
All ready for church last Sunday:)
She finally got to wear her
cute boots, since it was RAINING!!
And she knew she was looking so adorable and sassy!!




Love it Jess! Good luck with everything! Sounds like you are on the right track and all your mommy worries are normal - Two is always better than one! Hugs!!!
ReplyDeleteAw! You look SO good! And I mean that! By the time I am that far along I will be huge! It happens everytime. haha! I hope you have a safe hospital trip! I get so nervous when the time really comes. Good luck! :)
ReplyDelete