and her feeding time...
so the highchair and a couple towels came in handy...
I am just so grateful that at this point in our lives, we have been blessed with circumstances that allow for me to be a stay at home mommy. Growing up thats what I always wanted to be, and I knew I would love it...I just could'nt have imagined HOW MUCH! I get so much joy and satisfaction every day from watching this sweet little angel grow and develop....watching her fun little personality coming to life, and trying to pick out the traits that come from me and the ones from David. It's so amazing!! Getting married brought me closer to my Heavenly Father for sure lol, but becoming a mom has made me realize even more how much I depend on, and owe to Him. My everyday prayers have become that much more fervent because I want to be the best I can, especially for Eliza. I want her to be healthy and strong. I want to be strong for her. I want to be close to the promptings of the spirit to keep her safe, and to know of her needs. And I know that Heavenly Father answers my prayers everyday. I know things won't always go like I maybe want, but I know he loves us and will always watch over us. I was just brought to that realization again the other day when we noticed that Eliza's right eye, which from the time she was a couple weeks old had a blocked tear duct and was constantly watering and goopy, had been dry and discharge free for over a week!! That has never happened!! We had been referred to an opthomologist by her pedi. because, if by six months it isn't healed they often need help. So we went to the opthomologist, and he said that our options were an in-office procedure where they stick a long needle down into her tear duct to un-clog it, or we wait it out...with a 10 percent chance that it will clear up on its own. So since it wont hurt her or cause any problems we decided to wait...and pray. Had her eye not cleared up within a month we were going to go back and just do it, because we knew that it was bothersome for her, and that would have in no way caused me to doubt in Heavenly Father, but it truly was a miracle. I am so grateful!




There is no greater joy than being a stay at home mom indeed! I love and adore the pic with your parent's!
ReplyDeleteThey are my heroes you know :)
Your head is in the right place! It is so refreshing to hear about a young woman who has the maturity to know that being a mother is the most important thing you can be in life, but even more awesome is that you love it so much! You are an inspiration Jess! I've gotta come out and visit you!
ReplyDeleteYay Jessica...I am so glad that you are such a wise and mature wife and mother. I always knew you would be. Never doubt yourself. You know your children best....well, and David too! You are in the exact place that you should be. I too am grateful to be a stay at home mom. Even though I provide child care to other children, I am grateful for the opportunity to be there for my own children when they walk through the door after school, when they are having a bad day, or just to have them plop on my bed so we can cuddle and be close. It doesn't matter to me if they are 21, 15, and 12...they still need their mommy home. I love and miss you, Jessica. If we ever get down to Texas, we WILL be visiting all of our Brookdale friends. My niece lives in N. Richland Hills and my nephew lives in San Antonio. We will be there one day.
ReplyDeleteLove,
Sister Mathison